Very strange. I'm gonna take you through the steps from when I first posted this thread:
1. On the laptop, Mcaffee personal firewall was on, Guest account was off and password protected. Windows firewall was on.
2. I turned off Mcaffee firewall and tried accessing the computer. It gave me a logon password window under the guest account (which was the only option for user) but I did not know the password.
3. Removed password from guest user account. Tried accessing computer, and it worked.
4. Turned windows firewall back on, still worked (pings and all).
5. Tried to put the guest password back on, but there is no option to do this (do you know how you add one?).
6. Turned McAfee firewall back on...could not access it.
Clearly the password was needed before, and McAfee is blocking it. I do not know how to allow it though, it only gives me the option of allowing applications or ports and only notifies me of new connections for outgoing connections. So...open a certain port?