"unexpected kernel mode trap "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta member
I am using windows 2000 and just installed McAfee Internet Security. Now everytime I start up, when McAfee's privacy window pops up, If I dont close it immediately, I'll get a blue screen saying "unexpected kernel mode trap" and begins to dump physical memory on disk??!? (What's that for?) So if I close it in time, windows will load up, but when the security center starts, If i can't close it fast enough, I'll get that "unexpected kernel mode trap" again, then it restarts the computer :( How can I fix this?

(I've heard of Norton's privacy service giving this error for win2k users, and they released a patch to fix it...)

Here is the norton article. I have tried this for internet security and it fixed the problem for the same issue. http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256d9f0080f128?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

I would assume you could boot to safe mode and preform this for mcafee also Try completing the :disable the Norton AntiVirus low level drivers section on the article. (the file names will be different. That might atleast get you in to normal mode :) if not try uninstalling mcafee from safe mode if it lets you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom