Undelete

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz

Baseband Member
Why is it that you can never get rid of the files on a harddrive even tho you format it, have it overwritten 40.000 time and then disinigrate it, cause as long as theres an instence left you can restore the files... or so csi tells me...

for me tho, all files seems gone forever the same instance you hit shift+delete.

I have accidently deleted some files on a file harddrive, its a partioned disk with no system/program files and i havnt done anything to it since deleting so i shouldnt have written over any of the ddeleted files.

Ive tried diffren recovery programs, but they can only see the deleted files, but when you recover them pics are text and videos are mp3s and so on.

Any tips for recovery of lost data?

Buy this program its only $45 and you will get your moneys worth :) Try out the Demo to see what it can recover before you buy if you'd like. When I recoverd a dead drive it was able to pull off all data that had been formatted and even organized into the windows structure i.e. "documents and settings" (you select tree view to achive that task).

http://www.quetek.com/prod02.htm

I can't find the lost data at all with File Scavanger v3 :(

I can find it with other software such as drive rescue, but thats in cluster view and can't restore right.

this time i found an unknow folder full of unknown files with no subfolders in good condition, so unlike the poor quality stuff it isnt sorted, but since i want the stuff i last deleted this must be it?

also i used d: 14gb rescue, in disk it only find 4 other disks in other sizes.

You change it to tree view under the VIEW menu? By default its not in tree view and displays results all scattered. Try and recover one if possible so you can see what it is. It will not let you recover over a certain size limit, but I found even though the message came up asking if I still wanted to try and recover the full thing it did. (In demo mode that is).

when recovering in demo, files under 64kb works, but they are recovered as unknowXXX.jpg for example.

when trying to recover larger they are restored to 64kb so u could have a half jpg file for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom