Unable to start windows???

Status
Not open for further replies.

trose

Solid State Member
I'm working on a computer I built for a friend a while ago and it started reseting anytime windows starts to load up. It'll show the windows load screen for a second then automatically restart. Then it'll show the windows failed to start on the last start up and weather I select start in safe mode, start from last known good configuration, or start normally makes no difference. I've got a copy of a live windows and I can start from the windows from the cd with no problem and I've checked the hard drive and it's good so I'm not real sure what to do at this point. Is there anything I can do besides whipping out the hdd and reinstalling the os? It's a copy of windows xp sp2 by the way.

Besides the possible need for a repair install of Windows as a last resort before a need for a full reinstall there may be a hardware fault to consider. If the memory developed faults that would cause problems. If you are not hearing any multiple audio beeps at startup you know the memory and video card are seated down properly. The last item is a failing power supply.

my aunt had the same problem, only with no display. Turned out some parts were fried (my conclusion was a power surge) as her GFX card + MOBO were fried. and it all started with the same problem you have not booting into windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom