Unable to run the software on Windows10

Neville

Beta member
Hi,
I bought a new HP laptop. I bought it for work purposes. I have a gradiometer. ( it is a geophysical equipment for mapping mineral deposits) I downloaded it's software, Gemlinkplus on my laptop. The download was successful, however, after installation, I'm unable to run it. I restarted the system still, I can't run it. I downloaded the software from the gradiometer manufacturer's site ( GEMLinkplus Software for Magnetometers and Gradiometers - Gem Systems ). It hasn't mentioned whether it is compatible with Windows 10. I need help to find out the issue. What should I do here?

Thanks in advance.

Any error messages? Or does it just not run?

You can try right clicking the program -> Properties -> Compatibility tab and try setting it to run in as an older version of Windows (such as Win8 or Win7).

Hi,.............
It hasn't mentioned whether it is compatible with Windows 10. I need help to find out the issue. What should I do here?

Thanks in advance.
System Requirements:

1. Processor: minimum 800MHz
  2. RAM: minimum 500 MB
  3. Hard: Disk Space minimum 500 MB
  4. OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
http://www.gemsys.ca/gemlink-updates-profile-plotting/

Does the installer finish cleanly? If not, you may need to run the installer in compatibility mode.

I have been successful at getting many older software packages working in Windows 10 by running either the installer or the executable in compatibility mode or sometimes both.

System Requirements:

1. Processor: minimum 800MHz
  2. RAM: minimum 500 MB
  3. Hard: Disk Space minimum 500 MB
  4. OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
http://www.gemsys.ca/gemlink-updates-profile-plotting/

I'd say most of the time if it says it will work with Win7, it will work on Win8 / Win10.

Does the installer finish cleanly? If not, you may need to run the installer in compatibility mode.

I have been successful at getting many older software packages working in Windows 10 by running either the installer or the executable in compatibility mode or sometimes both.

Thanks for your help.
I run the exe file in compatibility mode and it's working now.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

Back
Top Bottom