Unable to right click on icons without getting error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redinferno

Baseband Member
I have Windows XP Service Pack 2.

When ever I right click on a file or folder the window in which the the thing I right click was freezes/ stops responding for a few seconds. After those few seconds an error message is displayed. It looks like this:
dep.gif

The title is Windows Explorer because I use it to browse folders on my computer. After I click Close Message the following window appears:
ds.gif

After I click Don't Send the window in which the the file or folder I right clicked on closes.

This problem occured after I installed Image Converter Plus, then uninstalled it using ZSoft Uninstaller. This problem did not occur when before right after I installed Image Converter Plus. After I uninstalled Image Converter Plus I immediately removed invalid registry entries EasyCleaner. I don't know if the problem started occurring after I uninstalled Image Converter Plus using ZSoft Uninstaller or after I removed invalid registry entries using EasyCleaner as I removed invalid registry entries immediately after uninstalling Image Converter Plus.

Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

I don't want to use System Restore

You could try a system restore point before the Image Converter Plus installation occurred.
Yes, you're right. I even thought of that earlier but became busy with something else and forgot about it, then posted here.

Anyway, I don't want to use System Restore because around the time that I installed Image Converter Plus I cleaned my computer ( removed registry errors etc. ) to make my computer run faster. I don't want to make those changes before.

I was wondering if anyone would know what can causing the problem is, so that I can fix it.

If no one can I will just use System Restore.

Without knowing exactly when the problem started there is no way to pinpoint which software or which action caused this. There is no way we can give you any advice other than a restore point or a repair install.

Without knowing exactly when the problem started there is no way to pinpoint which software or which action caused this. There is no way we can give you any advice other than a restore point or a repair install.
Well, that makes sense. I'll just do a system restore.

Thanx oldskool and mak213. System Restore worked.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom