unable to log in my own computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
I remember few days ago i installed zonealarm, but when i shut the system last time i had no warnings neither did i click or restrict any system or internet things.

When i tried to enter as administrator it says something like restoring the user profile to default. Then it says 'could not log you in contact your system administrator'. I am the system administrator myself,then it goes to login screen again.

One thing I have to notice is my diskspace is almost full ie...48.1 GB of 50 GB hard disk.Does it make any difference?

I dunno what is stopping me from logging in my own computer.

Sorry to hear that....

Have you tried logging in with the administrator account?

Not your "personal" profile but the actual administrator account. :)

Just in case, you never know.

XP has a lost password wizard but.... you have to enable it BEFORE you loose you password and create a floppy disk to get you in.

Again, this has to be done BEFORE you loose your PW. If it hasn't been done... things get complicated.

I ca easily break in any NT system, my linux boot disk, but the case in here is different. There must be something else that is preventing to log me in. I tried actual Administrator. The user with a administrative privillage, w/o admin privillage. Noe of them wotk

Could spyware or firewall or anyother things like viruses do it, If so how will I be able to check 'em.

when i press F8 nothing happens it will just take it course as normal booting. funny thing is when I try to log in as a user with admin privillages it logged in now, something came up a plain box with nothing written with just a cross mark in top left corner of the box. I could also see the wallpaper, but just wall paper. not a ingle alphbet or numbers . just that cross.When I click that I go back to login screen.

Here If the memory was an issue, I have 768 DDR stick

Could you explain me how can I do a repair -install. After pressing r from the xp-cd i cannot go beyond that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom