Unable to load XP Pro due to stop/error messege

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSOD = Blue Screen of Death.

As Osiris asked previous to this post we need much more info to try and figure this out. Have you checked the web to see if all the hardware on the machine you are trying to install XP on works together? There are instances of ahrdware incompatibility. That would be a place to start.

But Asnwer as much of Osris's questions and we will continue to work on this till we can get it working.

Can you take a pic of the message or type everything you see in the blue screen here?

What kind of ECS mobo do you have? Can you find the drivers on their site?

Anything is possible but this would be the first case I've seen of this happening.

How many connectors do you have running to your SATA drives?

Did you try just one stick of ram at a time?

When you reboot without the XP cd, do you see the SATA drive listed?

Does it show the SATA drive in the BIOS?

Yes, I would be happy to take a pic of the message in the blue screen. I could type it out too if that would help.

I have the world famous, top of the line, super dooper, matchless, incredible, so fast it smokes, ECS 945GCT-M v2 [presently being sold with a Celeron 430 processor for a grand total of $49.99 today at Fry's.] (I am not using the Celeron, but the Intel E4500, well that is my dream anyway.)

No, I could not find the drivers on their website, but I did email them. I will look more carefully tomorrow for those drivers, thank you.

I only connected one SATA drive at a time. It has one power connector and one red SATA data cable. Yes, I connected both, but I am contemplating strangling my neighbor's stray cat with the red data cable, but I do not think it is long enough...and besides that, I need it to finish this dream...

Yes, I have tried one stick only, still received the same mess...

Yes, when I reboot without XP CD, I do see the Hardrive. And when I hold down F8, it gives me a choice of what to boot up with, the DVD read/writer or the HD.

So, please be patient with me, and I hope you are not a cat lover, and if you are, well, I was only joking. If you are not a cat lover, I was also joking...

Meow!

Whoops, one more thing, I thought it may be the XP pro disc went toes up. So I just burned a copy of the original. Do you think that may work? [I thought MS places a special thing in the disc to make that impossible].

Strangely, I had a very similar problem yesterday. Take this with a grain of salt, as I have very limited experience. I'm not offering any advice, just telling you what happened and what I did. Is that enough of a disclaimer?

Anyway, I was loading the same OS on the same Maxtor HD and received the same problem. I reformatted the HD and tried again. It worked the second time around.

Okay now on the BSOD (Blus Screen of Death) tell us teh Stop Error code and what it says below it in all CAPS. Those 2 things will let us know for sure if it is the SATA Drivers. I am trying to see if i can find the SATA Drivers but the ECS site is not loading that fast for me....

BSOD = Blue Screen of Death.

As Osiris asked previous to this post we need much more info to try and figure this out. Have you checked the web to see if all the hardware on the machine you are trying to install XP on works together? There are instances of ahrdware incompatibility. That would be a place to start.

But Asnwer as much of Osris's questions and we will continue to work on this till we can get it working.

Mak, thanks for the heads up on the Blue Screen Of Death!

Ok I will either type or post a pic of the BSOD!

Thanks again!!!

Strangely, I had a very similar problem yesterday. Take this with a grain of salt, as I have very limited experience. I'm not offering any advice, just telling you what happened and what I did. Is that enough of a disclaimer?

Anyway, I was loading the same OS on the same Maxtor HD and received the same problem. I reformatted the HD and tried again. It worked the second time around.

Martlet,

I am not really sure how to reformat the HD. Is it possible to so so before installing the OS and if so, how?

Thanks,

Bald Freddy

I booted from the disk, then instead of setting up XP Pro at the first stop screen, I hit "r" for repair. it dumped me to the DOS screen. I formatted from there.

Ok, here is the full text of President BSOD's speech:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Check to see that you have adequate disc space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for a BIO update. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you restart your computer, press F8 and select Advanced Set Up Options, then select Advance Mode.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF748EOBF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F08)
pci.sys-address F748EOBF base at F7487000, Datestamp 3b7d855c

Whew, now I am out of breath and all my fingers are experiencing severe cramps....

Ok, putting all pain aside, does this help at all?

Bald Freddy

Installing Windows XP - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

Read thru the guide I wrote up here. It gives some good details on how to go about installing Windows XP. It also describes the format step that takes place before it installs.

Mak, I read your post on install. That is great! I will use it next time. The install gives me the STOP message during the loading of the drivers.

I will definitely try a partition if I can get this system up and running. I have never done it before but have read about it often in this forum. You make it sound very easy to do. So thanks again!

A very tired bald freddy.

My wife is asking me to call it an evening gentlemen. Thanks for the help. I have classes to teach tomorrow, but I promise to check for replies as soon as I arrive home.

Have a great evening everyone!

If any students misbehave tomorrow, I will definitely hang them by their big toes with my bright red new SATA cables! I have enough SATA cables now to do half my class!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom