Unable to install OS

Backup has already been done. Whatever is left on the PC is not important, if there is anything left. I will try what you've suggested.

Ok, then yeah just use something like Rufus to create a bootable flash drive from GParted, and then boot off of it. It'll load your drive in a nice GUI, then you can delete specific or all partitions, and then create new partition and then format it to NTFS. AFter you "perform" the operations, you'll have to actually click the Apply button to perform the tasks that you queued up.

That idea seemed to be working fine. However, at some point it got unplugged, and the laptop died. Now it refuses to turn on. The charging light is on, but the device itself only blinks the power light and some lights on the keyboard before immediately turning off in less than a second. Christ.

I must be missing a step here. I've resolved the power issue. When running this stick, it boots to the windows 7 install (since I had the iso on the same hard drive as GParted). Can you give me a step-by-step once more on how to do this?

I must be missing a step here. I've resolved the power issue. When running this stick, it boots to the windows 7 install (since I had the iso on the same hard drive as GParted). Can you give me a step-by-step once more on how to do this?

Create a bootable GParted flash drive using something like Rufus:
https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Carnage, thank you very for your help so far. I've had so many issues trying your route (mostly because I'm still very lost) that I decided to try this another way. The PC in question will no longer boot. I opened it up and discovered the non-removeable battery was nearly about to explode, and promptly removed it. I also took out the hard drive and have decided to access it from my PC. The drive in question says it has 668 gigs available (the exact amount of the partition I deleted). How would I go about installing Windows on this drive? Because it is a laptop I've been told I have to be very careful with formatting because one of those partitions hold the drivers that run the onboard keyboard and mouse. That being said, I've completely changed my method.

I have created a drive with Windows 8.1 (which this model came with). It is ready to boot. From this point on, what should I do? Format the hard drive (which my PC claims is empty) and then attempt to install this on that drive? How do I do so?

Carnage, thank you very for your help so far. I've had so many issues trying your route (mostly because I'm still very lost) that I decided to try this another way. The PC in question will no longer boot. I opened it up and discovered the non-removeable battery was nearly about to explode, and promptly removed it. I also took out the hard drive and have decided to access it from my PC. The drive in question says it has 668 gigs available (the exact amount of the partition I deleted). How would I go about installing Windows on this drive? Because it is a laptop I've been told I have to be very careful with formatting because one of those partitions hold the drivers that run the onboard keyboard and mouse. That being said, I've completely changed my method.
I have created a drive with Windows 8.1 (which this model came with). It is ready to boot. From this point on, what should I do? Format the hard drive (which my PC claims is empty) and then attempt to install this on that drive? How do I do so?
I'm actually going to try data recovery using some data mining software I've had from an old job. So.. let's hope it will work.

No luck. I'm trying to format the drive at this point. Using diskpart to do so, it will not allow me to wipe the C drive. Why is this?

Could be permissions issues on the drive. Could also be issues preventing the formatting from happening. Try doing a "chkdsk /f /r" on the drive from command prompt, and let it run and see if it fixes anything.

Back
Top Bottom