unable to get to desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey i turned of my comp one day and wen i restarted it the destop wouldnt show up so i pressed ctrl+alt+del and then ran explorer.exe and it worked fine but then i restarted it today and it did the same thing but this time the ctrl+alt+del didnt work it gave me this error "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" and thats imposible because i only have one account on my comp that is auto loggin. and i cant start in safe mode because my video card doesnt support that low of resolution.

HELP PLEASE

Put the CD in. Make sure can boot from CD. When needed hit key to boot. Windows will load files needed for setup. After that it will come to a menu with 3 options.
1. Install
2. Recovery Console.
3. Exit.

Here you want to install. I know it sounds weird but trust me. It will give you the EULA (End User License Agreement) Hit F8. It will then search for Windows installs. It should show up with you XP install. At this point you will have 3 new options.

1. Fresh install by hitting ESC
2. Repair install by hitting R
3. Exit by hitting F3 (not sure of this option bu t i think this is it)

Here is where you want to hit R to Repair. It will delete system files and the re-install them and XP should be back just fine with all your files in place. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom