Unable to to extend volume on Windows 7 partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1989

Beta member
Hello everyone!

I'm using a Thinkpad T420s, dual booting Windows 7 and Fedora 16. However, prior to me installing F16, I used Disk management to shrink the Windows partition. Well...it turns out I shrunk it *way* too small and I'm barely able to use it due to lack of space on the partition. Under Disk Management, even if I create unallocated space, it still will not let me re-size my windows partition. I think this is because the partitions are in the wrong order...but I don't know what to do about it.

Disk management shows four partitions as follows from left to right:

| SYSTEM_DRV (1.46 GB, Primary) | Windows7_OS (67.47 GB, Primary, Boot) | (500 MB, Primary) | (76.63 GB, Primary) <--Fedora 16 |

No matter what I do, I cannot click "Extend Volume" on my Windows 7 partition. I would experiment and use certain bootable partition tools, but I'm afraid I'm going to mess with GRUB and I won't be able to boot either one of my OS's...I don't exactly know what I'm doing in this regard so I really want to be careful, so I'm asking for someone's expertise.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration :)

Thank you very much, MindoverMaster! I had to wipe my linux partition to make unallocated space to use, but GParted is just what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom