Unable to change icons on Windows 2000 Server, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr1est

Beta member
Just recently on our Windows 2000 Terminal Server running Citrix our program icons started to change. Specifically our office icons, but there are a few others too. The icons are now generic file icons. I attempted to go into folder options and manually change the incorrect icons, but all of my options to change anything about a file type are greyed out. I am effectively locked out of making icon changes. I have attempted to these changes as a Domain admin, and as the local admin on the server.

I also am unable to change the icons on office shortcut items.

The only change instituted on this server was the addition of roaming profiles for some of our users. None of these users has a Domain Admin account, and no user is a member of the local admin group on the server.

I ran AdAware and Spybot, and came up with nothing.

At this point, I am at a loss. I need to be able to change my icons back without reinstalling all of these programs. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

If you have a server it is laughable you use spybot and adaware go get spysweeper. As for the problem it doesn't sound like spyware more like extra folder information being reset or lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom