Uh oh, my programs aren't working..

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepins

In Runtime
Ok, recently I've been trying to change WinXP theme into diff theme with StyleXP. When I changed my theme, I wanted to go in to Adobe Photoshop CS. And it said that my computers configuration was changed I need to reactivate my serial code or something. Then I go in 3DS MAX Studio, I notice that it also needs serial reactivation. I was really frustrated and I did a System restore to the day before. It kept showing the same msg.
Is there anyway I can get these programs back without unistall/reinstalling them? And if this happens, does this mean that my registry is screwed up? Do I need to reformat?

Thanks for the support!

Once you start chasing your tail around trying to get the files straightened out you realize that it would have been much easier and less time consuming to just reformat and start all over again. At least that's my feeling on the subject. Of course it'll take hours to download the updates but at least you'll know that the system is off to a clean start.

Sigh, sure I could reformat but the programs I use are pretty expensive and I need Full versions of it none cracked/demo. In order to get those programs, I usually go to a computer store and reformat it there and they would install programs that I need. Which will cost me $80. Sigh, shouldn't have tried to change theme =x
thnks for the support

so you don't have the disks for the programs? how did you get the full versions without the disks? if you downloaded them and paid for them, you should have gotten activation numbers that you should have kept just in case something like this happens. i don't understand why you need to pay for them again if you bought them already, i have reinstalled many times programs i bought, keeping either the disk or the activation number and didn't have to pay again to use it again.

No, I didnt buy the disk. I got the program as a service for buying my computer from a store. They have full versions of everything and they let me choose any programs that I need and they will install it for me. If I reformat my computer there, they would redo the whole process, install all the programs that I had before + more. But the thing is, it costs $80 to reformat. Plus I'm pretty sure there is no way of getting my PS CS back unless I uninstalled + reinstalled since the errors that pop-up are quiete not-understandable. Anyways, I'm trying to put another hard-disk about (60gb) maybe, I should get my programs that aren't working reinstalled from the store when upgrading? Or should I pay $80 and get my whole windows reformated?

Thnks for support!

try rolling back the PC to say about a week ago, if that doesnt work then do and F8 at startup and boot to last known good

How can I do the F8 method? Can you explain with instructions?
I've tried System Restore, to 2 days. Still same problem...

The F-8 method isn't a guarantee that you'll go back to "restore system when it worked properly." I know: My system was so screwed up that that didn't work for me. When you get everything straightened out be sure to make a back-up disc for reinstallation of everything.

i haven't use photoshop in awhile, but somewhere in the C:/ adobe program files text files there is your key

it also shows in the bottom right corner, when you start the program

I'm not sure about the Adobe program, but if this refers to the "Installation Code Key" to install an operating system, you can find your system's installation key by following the instructions at :

http://personal-computer-tutor.com/abc2/v15/vic15.htm

On my laptop, Start...Run...$WINNT$.INF had the installation key staring me in the face under the "Data" paragraph. However, on my desk top, that simple move didn't work. At least I was able to re-install XP Pro onto my laptop using an installation disc meant for a different brand of PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom