Ugh, I'm starting to HATE vista... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Angry Ugh, I'm starting to HATE vista...

Vista has finaly started to **** me off to the end... I am seriously thinking about going back to XP and trying to activate it over the phone if I can't get this fixed.... Ok anyways, you know the My Pictures, My Music and Documents links on the start menu correct? Well, I had them redirected to my server, well my server went down and I need to get these links to redirect somewhere else, but I can't get them to redirect at all, there is no propertys or anything, but I have the Charles R. Scott one redirected back to my main machine... Shouldn't the other links fallow suit and also have been redirected??? Because all of my programs are starting to get ****y when I want to open a file, or save a file, especialy games my older games.... So anyone have any idea of how I could fix this??? I have tried looking around in the registry and couldn't find much of anything....

Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Ugh, I'm starting to HATE vista...

Have you right clicked on the folders and redirected their path to somewhere else other than your server?

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 06-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

That's the thing, when I go to there properties to change there location, it freaks out, nothing shows, what so ever, and I went to the folder those folders are located in, and there also wacky, I can't even delete them or anything...
Old 06-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

did you try the restore default option
Closed Thread