Ugh I hate wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
Aight so I have had this wireless network running fine and all for exactally 15 days...till today Ive been getting this bad 'wave' of traffic I get a connection: very good, low then up and down and up and down never constant, whenever I run a program that needs the internet it slows the connection down to low connection and 1mbps till I shut down that program and its back up to 11mbps. I reinstalled xp and I hope this will change that is there any way to prevent this in the future?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for that. After I saw a news program where the techie guy from the news station sat out in front of some houses and intercepted their wireless stuff, I decided not to go wireless.:eek:

^if a person setup wireless encryption and filtered MAC addresses, there wouldnt be a problem.

reset the router by power cycle. (unplug it, wait then plug it back in).

Thank you guys for posting I formatted (thought that would work) didnt care I had a 137 gb hd and I gained 60gbs...any way it still does it and I get good connection sometimes but it drops like a brick randomly...I would like to know how to do that mac adresses etc and filtering so i can see if that fixes it.

803.11 or something like that
a d-link dl-514 I think
I can atleast access the panel from in my room so I dont have to run back and forth to the server and my comp :)

OMG LOL guess that fixed it...*knocks on wood*

I moved the antenna on the card down and I moved my side panle for my comp off... :) now I get very good and 11mbps :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom