typing with dell 1545inspiron

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
typing with dell 1545inspwith typing on the delliron,i am having problems

typing with dell 1545inspiron,its pretty weird,as the sample above shows,when i am typing it will jump back,and insert my text,in between what i have just written,its done it ever since i got the computer,so its nothing to do with what i have installed on my computer,any ideas welcome its doing my head in.
thank you in advance

I know sometimes with my laptop if I rest my hands close to the touchpad I will touch it and move the cursor back in the line of test and start typing there.

it also jumps to the bottom of the page,for e.g on this forum,and can no longer see the text box,so i have to scroll back up to the text box,this happens when i hit the space bar,should not have to check the results of a brand new computer,going off dell,wish i had stuck to my hp which i had and took back,there must be something i can do,i have set the touchpad settings to default,but hasn't fixed the problem

This is for another model but it should be the be close enough to get you started.

The following steps will walk you through on how to enable or disable the Touchpad and Pointing Stick on your Dell D600, D610, or D620 laptop. Both features are related to the mouse of your laptop. Click on Start > Control Panel. If you are in Category View, click Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse. Otherwise, just click Mouse. Click on the "Device Select" tab at the top of the window. There are now three options displayed: Stick, Stick & Pad, and Pad.

To disable the Touchpad and enable the Pointing Stick, select Stick.
To disable the Pointing Stick and enable the Touchpad, select Pad.
To enable both the Touchpad and Pointing Stick, select the Stick & Pad.
After you have selected the desired feature, click Apply or OK.

To change specific features of the Touchpad and/or the Pointing Stick, click on the appropriate tab.

Source

This is for another model but it should be the be close enough to get you started.

The following steps will walk you through on how to enable or disable the Touchpad and Pointing Stick on your Dell D600, D610, or D620 laptop. Both features are related to the mouse of your laptop. Click on Start > Control Panel. If you are in Category View, click Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse. Otherwise, just click Mouse. Click on the "Device Select" tab at the top of the window. There are now three options displayed: Stick, Stick & Pad, and Pad.

To disable the Touchpad and enable the Pointing Stick, select Stick.
To disable the Pointing Stick and enable the Touchpad, select Pad.
To enable both the Touchpad and Pointing Stick, select the Stick & Pad.
After you have selected the desired feature, click Apply or OK.

To change specific features of the Touchpad and/or the Pointing Stick, click on the appropriate tab.

Source

what are the best settings for the touchpad mate that you use,and i will set mine to the same.
thanks in advance mate

I have a sony vaio and leave the touchpad on default. I have just learned to keep my hands away from it when I type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom