Two problems: Video editor causing connection issues and a task manager problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Two problems: Video editor causing connection issues and a task manager problem

Okay... First off, hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I have two problems that have really been irritating me.

1) Whenever I open up a video editing program (Adobe Premiere OR WMM), my internet connection is severed and I can't reconnect until I close it.

2) Normally when one pushes CTRL+ALT+DELETE, you get the task manager with all the tabs and all that nice stuff, well for some odd reason all I get now is JUST a program manager window, where I can only choose what I need to close.

Any help on either of those problems would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance you guys

Old 03-06-2008, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Two problems: Video editor causing connection issues and a task manager problem

Not sure about the first problem...but as for the second problem, just double click the gray area around the window, as in above the column headings, and the tabs should pop back.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Two problems: Video editor causing connection issues and a task manager problem

Wow that was easy

Thank you, I feel really dumb now
Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Private Joker

Lol, its no problem. Happens to the best of us, right?

Also, for your first problem...maybe there's a driver conflict? Could try reinstalling your NIC drivers.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well actually, I'm not sure if it IS my movie making software

Not more than five minutes of your first reply, my internet cut out again

Maybe I should just shut my computer down and give my wireless LAN adapter a break for the night
Old 03-06-2008, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I would think this is driver related. Have you checked for updated drivers for your NIC card or for a update firmware for your router?

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-06-2008, 01:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Now see, here's the problem, I'm clueless in that area sadly
Old 03-06-2008, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Well it is quite simple really. For your router just go to the manufacturer's site and search for firmware updates. If it is Linksys or DLink they all have a site you can go to and search this stuff.

As for your NIC card that is easy as well. It is aslo known as a ethernet card or ethernet adapter. So go to the PC manufacturer's site and search for any one of those words in the download software section or drivers section. One of the searches should turn up a result. If anything just post your System here and router here and we will help you with that search.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well let's see what happens tomorrow, like I said, it could just be that my LAN adapter's been working too hard lately.

If I have problems tomorrow, I'll get searching and tell you guys ASAP.

Thanks again for all your help
Old 03-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Guys I think it's my wireless LAN adapter, I've been using this thing since August, almost non stop

Closed Thread