two OS; I only want one

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe_hacker

In Runtime
Im using windows xp and when i boot my computer it gives me a screen with two operating systems to boot. One of them doesnt work. i dont want it on my screen anyway. I just wondering how to get rid of that second option.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

the top one is the one i want to get rid of

I would try this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect

You can always fix it using an XP disc in case anything goes wrong. Do you have an XP disc?

i do have the disc. so what your saying is to just delete multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

just tell xp not to display the os list. my computer>properties>advanced>settings, uncheck "time to display os" box.

I fixed it. Thanks a lot for all the help. I just deleted multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /. from the boot.ini and saved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom