Two anti-virus programs installed on Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsifaith

Solid State Member
I have a friend using Windows 98. Not realizing that PC-Cillian was already installed, she installed Norton Anti-virus on her computer. When she realized what she'd done, she uninstalled PC-Cillin, however, her computer is still crashing.
How can she find out if PC-Cillin is still on her computer? She keeps getting messages that PC-Cillin is causing the problems, but when she performs a search on her computer, it won't show up.
Thanks for the help :)

Sorry, I don't understand what u mean by MBR and proggy. As my title says, I'm a virgin.
PC-Cillin is an anti-virus program, similar to Norton. Some say better than Norton, I say anything is better than nothing! The two programs are buttin' heads against each other, and causing her 'puter to crash

She probably needs to clean out her registry to get rid of any traces of PC-Cillin.
MBR=Master Boot Record
Proggy=Not A Clue..lol

this is an HKEY local machine > software key issue,, you have left trace files on the PC,,

PC CILLan is an antivirus software from everything that I have seen ,, I have a copy somewhere,, never installed, using AVG,, but that is me,,

their are still references on the PC to look for specific paths to the PC cillan software,,

clean em up, issue resolved,, however, You may have caused a larger error with corruption with the install of the second antivirus,,

even after cleaned up ,, you may still experience crashing,,

good luck,,

cheers,,

Go to start/find/files and folders and type in PC-Cillian. If you want to get rid of it. Go to my computer/Add Remove Programs then select PC-Cillian from the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom