TV tuner software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hey guys, i have a "playtv pro 2"card on my pc but to this day i havent been able to get the sound working??. Are there any other tvtuner softwares available that can use the 'playtv pro2' card?

I'm not sure if they will work with your card, but I can list a couple, as I just recently got a Tuner and was looking up some software other than the crappy stuff that came with it. Here is a list of some I have tried and whether or not they worked with my card. Keep in mind that just because they did not work when I installed them does not mean they would not work period. I didn't bother reading up on hpw to configure them. Some of them have tons of options that I didn't know what they were for. I just couldn't be bothered to read up on them.

FlyDS - did not work
ChrisTV - worked
DScaler - did not work, everyone seems to think this is the best one, although there is a nasty disclaimer when you install saying that it may damage the chip on your tuner. Not actually encouraging.
I seem to remember trying another one that played the sound, but had no picture. Can't remember the name though.

If I think of anymore, I'll post them here. Good luck.

P.S. As for your sound issue, my card has a plug that goes from the tuner card to the line in on my sound card. This is how it gets the audio to my sound card for playback. Make sure that if you have one of these, that it is plugged into the line in on your sound card.

By the way, in case you are wondering, my card is a cheap Sabrent SAA1730. Nothing fancy. Paid $17 for it at newegg.

plug that black 1/8 to 1/8 inch headphone plug on the audio out of your tuner and the line in of your sound card. it should work with media center, powercinema or media portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom