tv monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavanover

Solid State Member
So i just got a new PC, hooked it all up and I cannot get it to display on my TV without a black boarder. I know this is bad for my tv so I cant just deal with it. Also, it worked just fine with my laptop hooked up to it ( also running windows 7) any suggestions?)

also, i have made sure my drivers are up to date and the resolution is set to the highest setting
not sure if this makes a difference but it is a 42 inch lcd tv hooked up with hdmi cable

its on 1920 by 1080, i really dont understand why this black boarder is here

the only big difference is this is an amd processor and the laptop is an intel

Please use the edit button instead of multi-posting.

What can your card output as far as resolutions? What does the TV support for its native resolution?

my PC says that its at its native resolution, however there is a inch and a half of a black boarder

im pretty sure thats all the card goes up to 1920 by 1080. Thats what my laptop was on as well and it didnt have this boarder either

Newer info: Starcraft two just told me my video card driver was out of date however i just used the windows 7 driver updating software to scan the internet and it said it was up to date

Stop multiposting and use the edit button.

Update your drivers from the manufacturer's website then, and see if that fixes the issue.

im trying to find it with no luck. Not really sure where to look.
i at the ASUS web page-my video card is an asus 5830- but i cant find where you download drivers

--ok , i downloaded what i thought to be the drivers and it didnt work.

i downloaded it here http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=M12ezvZQvbHlsCxF
I downloaded all 3 of the items it said it found

am i supposed to put it somewhere or something? it is in the downloaded file

I extracted them....still didnt fix my problem

I have try'd everything that I can think to look up, someone please help

i keep looking around for something that might help but i cant come up with anything. Anyone have any idea at all what might be going on?

alright, so incase anyone wants to know it was due to uncderscanning wich can be changed in the scaling options in your video card interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom