turning autorun off

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
this is going to sound so stupid but i can't figure out how to turn autorun off for my cd roms. I hav win2000. I tried in the hardware manager but it didn't give me the option to turn autorun off. any ideas?

Control the CD-ROM Autorun Function (Windows 9x and NT)Normally when you insert a disc into your CD-ROM drive, the contents are automatically launched. This tweak allows you to disable this behaviour.

Open your registry and find the key below.

Change to value of 'Autorun', or create a new DWORD value if it doesn't already exist, and set the data to equal '0' for Autorun disabled.

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

For example, the setting may look like:

Autorun 0x00000000 (0)

Registry Settings:
Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom]
Value Name: Autorun
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Data: (0=disable, 1=enable)

jaknlisa619 said:
this is going to sound so stupid but i can't figure out how to turn autorun off for my cd roms. I hav win2000. I tried in the hardware manager but it didn't give me the option to turn autorun off. any ideas?

Or you can just go to google.com and do a search for "Tweak UI". That program will let you do that and many many other things....

yeah i've had problems with tweak ui though. the regedit thing worked out as sweet as pie. i was used to win98 where in the hardware manager i could change the option there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom