Turn on reading pane in MS Word 2007 through registry editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simranrai

Beta member
Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding MS Word.

Basically, every time I open a word document, I want it to open in reading layout. I know I can select this option through the menu in MS Word. However, I need this to be a permanent setting and want to make this change through the registry editor.

Is anyone familiar with a registry key that I need to amend (or create) to enforce this setting?

Thank you for your help. :big_smile:

Your best location to ask this is located here. They are the foremost experts on this subject and if anyone will know about which Registry Entry to modify they will.

You don't have to edit the registry. What you can do is edit the normal template that word uses.

Open the template through opening word, file, open, on the left there should be a templates location, click there and choose the normal template. Then change the view to how you want word to always open, make a change to that document like a space bar, save it, remove the change, save it. Now every time you open word it will open in that view.

The Word templates are located here: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME GOES HERE>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates. You have to open it through word though, I don't believe you can double click the document and do the steps above. Instead open Word, file, open, on the left you should have a template location, click that and open the normal template.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom