tuning up this pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok my Girlfriend is pc illitarate so all these crappy free demos and IE plugins everyone knows not to use she has, even crap like kazaa.

anyways i have since gto rid of all the shite on her pc but im still left with a procces that comes back on startup and adds itself on startup, it has been scanned with

NAV 2005 << i just uninstalled that afdterwards as its rubish and hogs her pc

spybot SD
Adaware pro
system mechanic

tommorow i shall be doing it with MSCONFIG cleaner
and CCLEANER. but im pretty sure they aint going to get erid of it as it seems like spy/ad/mal ware. system mechanic was payed for so i used it and it spy/ad/mal scanned a few times now it finds nothing any suggestions?

Follow these instructions carefully

Download ALL 10 programs and update if needed.

Ad Aware SE Personal Free

Ad-aware Messenger Service Plugin

Ad-Aware VX2 Cleaner Plugin

Spybot Search and Destroy Free

Windows Defender 2 Beta

HijackThis

Ewido

CCleaner

Cleanup!

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel, Internet Options.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, Firewall, click apply, don¡¦t reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit". Make sure your antivirus and firewall are not checked.

Now run each Spyware program 1 by 1. Running all 3 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

Then run CCleaner „² make sure you run the Cleaner section of Windows and Applications and then the Registry Cleaner. Make a backup if you wish while running the Registry Cleaner when it asks you.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode.

Then run HiJackthis!

Save the log, copy and paste the log on www.techist.com
Do not attach the log, copy and paste always. This will make things go much faster.

ok......

here is the hijack this log after i ran it then fixed all items. i then did it agin and here is the log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 05:39:12, on 04/08/2003
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mspaint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\notepad.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Vanessa\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

the thing thaty keeps adding itself to startup after removal is:

HKLM:Run - NvCplDaemon - RUNDLL32.EXE - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

also here is a list of running procceses straight after winlogon at IDLE:

wscntfy.exe Vanessa
Explorer.exe Vanessa
alg.exe LOCAL MACHINE
MsPMSPSv.exe Vanessa
wdfmgr.exe Vanessa
svchost.exe SYSTEM
nvsvc32.exe LOCAL SERVICE
spoolsv.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe SYSTEM
svchost.exe LOCAL SERVICE
svchost.exe NETWORK SERVICE
svchost.exe SYSTEM
Wuauclt.exe NETWORK SERVICE
lsass.exe SYSTEM
services.exe SYSTEM
winlogon.exe SYSTEM
crss.exe SYSTEM
smss.exe SYSTEM
sytem.exe SYSTEM
system Idle Process SYSTEM

some. i want to keep this to as few as possible, it used to be about 40 but mine starts at about 16/17. her pc has nothing added on startup except a hardwire LAN so why so many procceses and how do i permantly remove them i can end procces from task manager but i dont want to do that after every boot.

her specs:
Windows XP PRO 2002 SP2
Intel pentinuim 4 2.92Ghz <<OCED
512MB RAM
NIVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE 128MB <<GFX

also sorery to double post all of a sudden all icons of images on her pc are plain white as if its an unknown file type but when you open it it still displys the correct image? any suggestions?

ifn you want, you can always just format her HD and re-install everything for her. im sure she would love ya for it ~_^

at first this was what i was going to do but.....

she has so much music and pics that "theres no way shes loosing" so...

so far ive overclocked her CPU and RAM put another 256MB RAM in to make it 512MB and done a huge cleanup(physically as well a whole can of air to de-dust), just these last few hurdles.

lol the main object of this was "so she can play the sims 2 with out it going all slow n stuff"

but still any suggestions woudl be appreciated

EDIT^^ ok warez i have neevr used a NIVIDIA card before so probs why i didnt recognise it anythign to say on the procceses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom