Trying to remove these ?non-existant? drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTFM? ME?

Beta member
A while ago i bought a notebook, however the screen had a few dead pixels in it (ugly little purple dots) so i took it back and said for this sort of money i dont expect to be annoyed every time i look at it, anyways they gave me loads of crap bla bla have you installed anything ect...

Anyways, i got a new one, however when i booted it all up for the first time and did all the usual xp stuff (disabling messanger, critical updates ect, installing antivirus's ect) i noticed there were basicly two extra drives there, they read as follows.

SMC (F:)
SDC/MMC/MSC (G:)

They both have red squares in the corner indicating to me that they arent present, dont do anything when you click on them, but all attempts of mine to remove them dont work (disabling them in hardware profiles / device manager or uninstalling drivers ect) and its hard to tell exactly which ones they are.

Since this is the second version of the notebook ive bought i expected it to be identical to the last except for the fact the pixels would be fixed, but like i said, this wasnt in the last one.

So any ideas what these are, and how to remove them if they are useless?

sounds like they are network drives. If so, just right click on my computer, click map network drive, and select the individual drives in the dialogue. Once you have selected them, simply uncheck the reconnect at logon box. This is just from my experience, if they are being read as physical drives, well, you should get a partition manager, and disable them...

Dosnt appear to be a network drive, when i right click my computer i got two choices down there, map network drive and disconnect.

Map makes me select a drive letter (the ones in use arent there, and i cant figure it out). Disconnect tells me theres no drives in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom