Trying to reinstall windows in order to format hdd, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch is dling at like 44kbps. I've gotten up to 600 on that site before on a file of that size.

Yeah, I guess I didn't finalize the files. I just used copy and paste to get them on the discs.

that's normal speed for regular roadrunner. check mine in my avatar. that's roadrunner premium. so are you from Ohio, druid? I'm from the Ceo (Columbus)

I don't, but it is supposed to be up in the hundreds. Like 500 kbps would be normal for a dl. Yeah, I am from Ohio. My cousin lives in a suburb of Columbus, pickerington. So, like how many mbps is premium? I'm going to have to check how much faster it is. So it looks like with premium you can get 22 mbps, sometimes. Hmmm, from what I found, it looks like regular is 15? Idk about that.

roadrunner regular is 5000 kbps download 500mbps upload, your showed 4915 and 473 which is typical. on a good day it might show 6000 kbps (that what mine sometimes did with regular rr). premium is 15,000 kbps and 750 upload. for that past 2 year it would show that, but for the past 3-4 months they upped the speed up to 20,000. I'm not complaining

How much more does it cost? Oh yeah, my dl speeds went back up, temporarily anyway. Now I'm just having problems with the cod:waw patch. When it downloads, it isn't functional. I'm trying it from a different mirror, so hopefully that will help.

Regular is like $30 I think, so that is like 4 times the speed for 1.3 times the cost. Not too bad. I will consider it. That should help ping out quite a bit in games.

Oh yeah, the other mirror worked fine. I don't know what was wrong with the fileshack patch.

You have to remember the various sites have various amount of people on them. File shack is a well known site so it could be feeding thousands of people at once. Not just you. Just like Tech-Forums can have anywhere from 200-500 people on it at any time. There is more than just you wanting any file at any given time. Download speeds depend heavily on the servers that are feeding them more than your download speed. People have to get over this mis-conception that jsut cause they have high speed that EVERYTHING moves that fast. It just isnt true.

It depends heavily on the server feeding your downloads and how many people are active on that server that will give you the download speed. More so that your ISP.

I guess it must be affected by other file dls as well because there was no wait on the patch. I would have figured filefront.com was just as well known.

Please READ my post. It doesnt just matter for that 1 file. Filefront has how many people on that site at once? How many other files are requested from that site at 1 time? Their servers have to feed ALL of them. Not just the one you are requesting.

Now lets see if there is well over 1,000 people all requesting a file how fast do you think their servers would be? Just cause no one was on your patch doesnt mean that there were not other files being downloaded. You were not the only person trying to get files from that site at that time. That is what affects the download speed. Not just your download speed but how many people requested a file from that site at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom