Trying to re-install W10 on sisters laptop, with new ssd

ckop11

In Runtime
My sis came home this weekend and has been complaining her computer was slow.. she brought it with... I did my usually malwarbytes n ccleaner.. but noticed her hhd would hit 100% just opening a document. Or any other simple thing..

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP300E4C-A01US-specs

the thing is I had an unused 120ssd I put in it.. powered it up with a windows 10 usb(the latest one I had for a build of mine).. wouldnt boot the usb.. wouldnt even recognize the usb.

Her computer is a w7 convert to 10 when the free upgrades were going on. My questions are why wouldn't it recognize the w10 usb.. but more importantly can a w7 upgraded to 10, be reinstalled with w10 usb/disc if the original w7 serial is put in when w10 asks for one??

the thing is I had an unused 120ssd I put in it.. powered it up with a windows 10 usb(the latest one I had for a build of mine).. wouldnt boot the usb.. wouldnt even recognize the usb.

Her computer is a w7 convert to 10 when the free upgrades were going on. My questions are why wouldn't it recognize the w10 usb..
Did it ever recognize a bootable flash drive?

but more importantly can a w7 upgraded to 10, be reinstalled with w10 usb/disc if the original w7 serial is put in when w10 asks for one??

You shouldn't even need to enter in a serial - once you're connected to the internet, it should auto-activate.

1- no it wouldn't I checked "usb hdd" as the only boot option. Then tried with all the "usb" options checked. Nothing.
I guess I'll try a different w10 usb if i can find one. Or try some other options.

2- okay good I wasn't sure how the whole validation with a new install works when it was a w7 upgrade.

1- no it wouldn't I checked "usb hdd" as the only boot option. Then tried with all the "usb" options checked. Nothing.
I guess I'll try a different w10 usb if i can find one. Or try some other options. .

How did you create the bootable flash drive? Did you use MS's Media Creation Tool, or some other 3rd party tool?

If you used MCT, and it failed, then run MCT again, but this time choose to download the ISO. Then use something like Rufus to create a bootable flash drive from the ISO. https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Back
Top Bottom