trying to install xp... hanging at "setup is starting windows"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
ok, so i'm trying to install xp. i just built a machine using a sata hard drive.

i tried just using an xp proffesional disc. hung at "setup is starting windows" i got sata drivers from my mobo's website and integrated them into xp iso, then burned and tried install. so far still has been at "setup is starting windows" for the last half hour.

is there anything else that could be wrong? most of what i have read deals with sata drivers being the issue, but im sure ive done it right.

any help/experience with this is appreciated

thanx

Yes the Win7 Beta should install fine. If you are planning on installing XP and then upgrading to Win7 be advised that is not possible. The Beta can only upgrade Windows Vista installs.

Using nlite is not bad. I have used it before. So my guess would be that some other aspect is wrong with the disc. Was the original clean and scratch free?

yep, fresh from the can.
does it matter that my dvd drive is listed as "slave"" in BIOS? do i need to make it "master"?

That shouldnt matter. It could just be that it is taking longer to load up the information. I have seen some installs take up to 20 minutes before it will start to load information.

ok, now i get an error: setup was unable to load support for the mass storage device you specified. maybe i put in the driver wrong? is there another driver integration program i should use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom