Trying to install a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

BottleRocket

Baseband Member
So I am trying to install a program, but they are a couple of problems:

1. When I extract the folder through IZarc, the virus scan deletes a couple files, I think spyware. But then after it extracts and goes to install the program, the program can't install because those files are gone. How do I stop the virus scan on the folder?

2. A readme file says to "mount and install the .cue" How do I do that?

For the virus scan part I would simply disable its on access scan features until you get this installed. I usually just kill the service all together to be sure nothing will interupt me. Then again you must ask yourself if this software is safe you are trying to install if it is being detected by your virus scan program?....that one is up to you ;-)

As for the .cue a .cue is a type of image file you will need to mount this so that you can view the contents of it which most likely contain an installer. You could also simply burn the .cue to a cd and then the installer should be on this burnt CD. You burn an image file with pretty much any recording software...however to mount an image file you will need something like Alcohol120% or Daemon Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom