trying to get this to work. help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i don't have a floppy drive. basically when i turn on the comp the dell screen shows alows me to go to setup or boot. if i don't pic either it goes to the next screen where it just sits there with the underscore blinking. it does nothing past this.

yeah the main reason i used the floppy was to get xp off from my 98 start up disk. now its back out of the system and used the cdrom to boot. ive started the comp again and booted from my 98 cd rom again. so now im installing windows again. im going to try and do it all over again. i think i might have messed up and im goin gto try and go through it again.

first delete all the partitions and then r-make partitions as per requirement, or as I told before

keeping multiple partitions help in saving the data, as you wont have to worry about data in drice d/e, as u can only re-install windows in C (on FAT32, regardless of what u r instlaling, 95/98/me,/2k/xp/linux)

hey man, i just now am getting back to this. i have been absolutely swamped at work/working on other hobbies and im just coming into problems as i do this and i really can't go back and forth trying to figure this out. can anyone reach me on aol or msn, i would greatly appreciate it and just walk me through it. thanks to any one who can be of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom