trying to do a "clean instal"help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is a neat bit of info, BUT, again, pressing D-or anything except ENTER dose not get a response form the machine. If I do press ENTER, it tells me that there is already an OS there and it may not work right. Since that space only has 1400 odd MB I think it has more than one copy of the OS. sigh

I thought for sure that would help you out, I guess I was wrong. Good luck hiring a pro. to do the job for you *sigh* :(

-Dan The Man

OK, ya have to go ahead and hit enter in the area you want to with with the existing files. NEXT page says, DOING THIS WILL OVERWRITE AND ERASE THE EXISTING STUFF, ETC. so Maybe I am getting somewhere. Thanks for EVERYONE'S help. This is a great resource. Philip

Dan, I was truly referring to myself.I am very grateful for all the help I can get. I managed to get the install done but it still says I have use up over 4 gigs of space for Win 200. Seems a bit much but maybe that is what it takes. If I buy another hard drive for this machine, how do I put the Win 2000 on the new drive?? See, now you are on my list. Philip

Got it all done last night-or so I thought-but when checking it this morning, I find the same thing as before, multiple copies of folders,old programs that I did not reinstall but obviously the computer kept in the machine. How do i get all this crap out of here? For instance, it still show "most" of the files for Norton 2005 which I very much would like to get off this machine. Very perplexing. After doing a "clean Install" per the machine, I have only 1687 MB left out of 6,181 on the Drive. 27% space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom