Trying to activate windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

v_4erice

Solid State Member
I hate Microsoft only for one reason well acctually two. one once you install a retail copy on to a computer you need to regester it. So when you want to install that copy on to a different computer and remove it off the old system you cant. Also the fact that windows uses a regestry system. If microsoft took a hint and made a OS with no regestry it has potential to get less viruses, stability..ect...

But anyway.

So that is my trouble that I am having. I built my new computer and i have 29 days to regester my retail copy of windows and i have called Microsoft and the little wanna be tech told me "Oh yea will work fine..yea..." Stupid broad. So how do i do this i have pulled my old computers internet access so there are no problems and i have my new computer online so the registration process can go through.

So why cant you activate it? You dont need to register it. You should have 3 chances to register it. After that you need to call MS or get an activation patch.

Sorry my bad. I just need to activate it on my new computer not regester. I just dont want to have any troubles doing that. I am going to call MS today after work.

Cause all i really want is to get my security updates and update win media player.

No this is the second time i have ever installed this copy of Xp on any computer.

So once on my old crappy computer
and once on my new computer.

just tell them that you upgraded your computer so most of the parts are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom