True Crypt, The Letest Version that was usable..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Is True Crypt still a secure option for Windows, Specifically a Windows OS being XP. I'm cure to know if I have will have to decrypt my Systems and thus eventually update my Hardware soon being most importantly the Mobo, CPU, Heat Sink Fan, Memory and GPU...

I was curious if anyone could post if basically True Crypt will keep a System stable when the PC is fully shut down, and no root log in other than being presented with the Password screen to get past the screen presented with.

Thanks.

So basically you have now a Folk in true crypt being Vera Shield, TCnext, and CiperShield.

The project has been shut down and by the looks of it the various Folks are in various stages of development. With some being in Alpha and others in BETA from what I can tell.

Can any one tell me if their is any Fully finished Ver. of the Various Folks available from the original true crypt release?

Folks...?
I use Veracrypt on my 2.5" 2TB external drive without issue. I also use PGP for single file encryptions, Bitlocker on my Windows desktops and FileVault on my Macbook.

Folks...?
I use Veracrypt on my 2.5" 2TB external drive without issue. I also use PGP for single file encryptions, Bitlocker on my Windows desktops and FileVault on my Macbook.

I think he meant "fork"? That's the only thing that makes sense, lol.

Wasn't TrueCrypt the only good cross-platform encryption software, though?

Yeah I figured.. It was just weird he'd say "folk" three times :tongue:

Yeah... PGP is good for single files though. I just use FileVault and Bitlocker because those drives don't need to be cross platform. :tongue: Veracrypt is, which is why I use it on my external hard drive

I think he meant "fork"? That's the only thing that makes sense, lol.

Wasn't TrueCrypt the only good cross-platform encryption software, though?

Yup, I still use Truecrypt for "some" drives, I weigh up the odds of a thief breaking in who also knows how to hack/crack encryption...

Yup, I still use Truecrypt for "some" drives, I weigh up the odds of a thief breaking in who also knows how to hack/crack encryption...

Use high enough encryption, and the encryption won't be broken from crack/brute-force :).

I mostly have it because if I ever lose the drive, regular ol' Joe Schmoe can't just plug it in and browse my files. That's 90% of the reason I use it :tongue:

Yeah thats what I meant pretty much, Fork! ;) .. I thought I add some information if anyone's interested as I was reading up on Vera Crypt.

Basically from what I can tell is Vera Crypt is a more stable and up to date Disk Encryption for very up to date systems. I read it will also include support in future versions for the Windows 8.x file system and has bug fixes that True Crypt did not receive as well as Vera Crypt supporting cross platform such as Nix*.

It might take a month to break True Crypts Encryption using brute force but will take longer with VC.

Also Cipher Shield, what has a lot of Code from the True Crypt source is now in line with VC and can recognized VC's file System.

I'll be moving over to VC at the end of the Month when I update my internal hardware, being the MoBo, CPU \w heat sink fan, memory and GPU as I'm looking to up date my OS.. Finally eh.. :p :D ..

Back
Top Bottom