Is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope..just be sure you dont proceed with the actual install :) So long as at anypoint during the setup you do not delete the partition or use the "F" key you will be ok. It you've never seen the repair run it seems like its being reformatted but its not. All data will stay in tact.

windows me is the last os that will let you switch hdd between computer without isuues.

xp, especially sp2 will give bsod. a repair will fix it

Yep bit the bullet before some of your replied, at one point i thought it was re-installing...got loads of bugs now tho! Lots of programes aint working missing files...so im gonna copy all the important stuff to my external hard-drive then re-format and start again.

1. Running the windows repair as mentioned above will indeed add the AHL. Windows repair though will delete all of your settings and applications i.e. you need to reinstall all yours apps. You should also back up your data (as directed by Microsoft) cos it's not 100% failsafe.

2. Before swithing the drive to the new PC, start windows xp, run Sysprep, shut it down and then move the hard disk to other PC. You can download sysprep here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...91-AC56-4665-949B-BEDA3080E0F6&displaylang=en

* For the Sysprep tool to function correctly, the Sysprep.exe file, the Setupcl.exe file, and the Sysprep.inf file must all be in the same folder. Then run Sysprep with -reseal parameter.

** be carefull though if your hard drive is sata you may need to install the sata controllers for the drive before you can boot! Check with your hard disk vendor.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom