Troubles with any version of MS Office - Please Help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Troubles with any version of MS Office - Please Help!

So let's start with this. I downloaded a version of 2010 Technical Preview, which isn't necessarily legal, but I'm sure that's not what's affecting this.

I recently uninstalled that 2010 Technical Preview with little difficulty (using the normal Windows Uninstaller in the Control Panel). No problem.

I download and try to install the Office 2010 Beta. Uh oh. It then says I have Office 2010 Technical Preview installed (even though I just uninstalled it), so I go on a search throughout my registry as well as files all over my computer (Didn't touch C:\Windows\)

Still no avail. So then I go back to Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. It installs fine, with the exception of "Error 1907: Error Installing Fonts". I can type in Word, but I cannot save or print, or anything.

So my real question here is: How do I get rid of that 1907 error? I'm guessing it's for some missing fonts and whatnot, so I tried to do a recovery using my Vista disk, but it tells me that the version of the disk is different than the installed version. (Both x64 Ultimate)

If there's an easy fix, such as installing fonts, please direct me to where I can get the default fonts in Vista / Office 2007. It would be much appreciated If there's no such easy fix, chances are I'll wipe and go to Windows Vista / 7.

Tell me if you need any info, thanks for any help.

iFargle.com
7700k 32GB RAM 512GB 960 Pro GTX 1080 NCase M1
15" Retina MBP || 128GB OnePlus 6 || 64GB iPad Air 2
Battle.net: iFargle #1561 || Steam: iFargle
Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Re: Troubles with any version of MS Office - Please Help!

You cant. I had this error myself and i had to format. Which is one of the main reason why someone without the inside knowledge that was provide with the Technical Preview should have never run it. We had much more info about various things that were never released to the public and getting a leaked version has now stopped you from being able to run Office properly without a format.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 01-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just ran something called "Windows Install Clean Up" after I installed and uninstalled Office 2007.. I re downloaded the 2010 Beta (the legal one) and it seems to be doing just fine! Through installation anyway. I'll update you when the beta is done installing.

ANNDD as I was writing this post.. bam. "Error 1907" during install

Ah well, it's my fault. Been looking for a reason to try out 7 again.

Let's see what happens when it finishes installing anyway I'm curious to try out this legal beta.

EDIT Well it seems to print and save just fine until I use the equation editor. Then it crashes

iFargle.com
Old 01-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I have tried everything. When it comes to the Error 1907 i have tried everything on the web and even some tricks not supplied on the web directly from M$. Nothing worked to clear the error.

Sorry i should clarify this. The error can be cleared to install the Beta. But the fact is that after you do, several of the programs do not operate properly no matter what you do. My PowerPoint, Outlook among many others do not function. Everytime i load Outlook i get the splash screen that says it is loading then BAM "Can not open Outlook Window." I have tried all the fixes to get all of them working. Using every uninstall tool out there. Every trick. Reinstalls of Office. Nothing gets those programs working again but a clean install.

In the end after a month of troubleshooting with several M$ people, including up to 10 different Office MVP's and several of the Office 2010 developers the final answer was to reinstall Win7. So sadly if you do get the error to clear, you most likely will not have a fully functional install of Office in the end.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I tried following this guys advice:

Error 1907. Could not register font. -- while installing Office 07 on Vista - Office Setup

I know it says it's for WinXP, but it seemed like the only available shot

I reforrmatted to Windows 7 tonight (500GB to the Vista, 500 to 7, going to delete Vista as soon as I'm done with the files on that partition)

Let's hope 7 gives a crash-free experience, unlike last time I must say I'm re-enjoying it.

iFargle.com
Old 01-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

I had tried that one as well. No luck. Like i said i had tried so much. It was a month long process and it even included someone from Redmond taking over my PC to try and resolve it themselves. Still nothing.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
it even included someone from Redmond taking over my PC
Each and every time I boot.

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Error 1907. Could not register font. -- while installing Office 07 on Vista - Office Setup

edit: O.M.G. Lol, exact same like as above epic fail

edit edit: don't suppose you've tried completely deleting your fonts folder and replacing it with the standard/default set from the CD?
Or maybe not deleting everything, just copying all the standard fonts from the CD to your fonts folder and replacing any older ones there.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Closed Thread