Trouble with XP Clean Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
One guy said, "When you turn on your computer do you get a message saying "OS Install Mode on, limited RAM" or something like that? if you do, message me back. I do know how to fix it."

That is what happens to me when I try OS Install Mode. Do you know how to fix that?

**Nevermind, that can't be it because it doesn't work either way.

Bah I am so frustrated :-(

It was already off. On or Off, my system still doesn't boot.

I apologize if I am confusing you, but I really am out of ideas as to how I will go about booting my system again.

turn off computer. unplug it. take battery out. hold power button for 30 seconds. put battery back in. turn it back on. try to boot now

There has to be a way to get a small object or something under it to remove it.

Ok, I did what you said, removed the battery and what not. When I plugged back in, this message came up saying Invalid Configuration Information...date and time not set...

Adjusted it, saved changes...brought me back to same thing (F1.F2 garbage.)

Well then go to the PC manufacturer's website and check for a BIOS update. Something is not right with the machine. I do not know what else to tell you. For all intensive purposes it should be working. Why it is not i have no clue. A outdated BIOS is the last thing i can think of.

something isn't right in your system. a cd doesn't lose it's ability to boot, when you already booted from it.

did you reset it to boot from cd first? you can also try a different cd rom drive if you have one

you can also go to bootdisc.com and download the 6 xp floppies that will find your cd drive because we know that your floppy drive boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom