Trouble with XP Clean Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check yoru BIOS. Are you sure you have it set to boot from CD first?

Well you need to go under the Boot option there and make sure it is set to boot from your Optical Drive or CD drive BEFORE the hard drive. That is critical to get teh Windows XP disc loading.

All I have got to do that under is "Boot Sequence" From there I get three options, which can all be moved up, down, enabled or disabled.

1. Diskette Drive
2. IDE CD-Rom Device
3. Hard-Disk Drive C:

Well that should be right. Since the CD is above the HD. It still doesnt boot?

HAve you tried the CD in a different PC to make sure that it isnt a bad CD? If it works in another PC are you sure that your CD ROM drive is okay?

There is nothing explaining why it would do this if the CD and Drive are both good.

Is the laptop still under warrenty?

Well that should be right. Since the CD is above the HD. It still doesnt boot?

HAve you tried the CD in a different PC to make sure that it isnt a bad CD? If it works in another PC are you sure that your CD ROM drive is okay?

There is nothing explaining why it would do this if the CD and Drive are both good.

Is the laptop still under warrenty?

-Nope, still doesn't boot.
-I know it isn't a bad CD, because yesterday I reinstalled XP. I noticed all it did was install on top of my old files and stuff. My PC was working until I tried wiping the hard drive with power max.
-It isn't a laptop, and I am unsure if it is still under warranty.

Well then my best suggestion would be to try GParted. But that would not explain why you can not boot from a CD.

That shouldnt matter. But if it is giving you issue with it on turn it off see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom