Trouble with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traudong

In Runtime
I used Alcohol 120% to create a virtual drive and the problem is when I finished, winXP automatically finds driver of my new virtual drive! But it can't be found (the virtual drive can't have got driver, can it?). So whenever winXP boots up, it automatically finds again. This annoys me very much. Can anyone help me, please?

(Similarly when I install Partition Magic.)

Thank you. But I don't think the cause is Alcohol because I have the same problem with Partition Magic.

Partition Magic partitions your hard drive, so i wouldnt of thought it would ask you for your hard drive driver as it would already be installed.

Oh sorry, I don't say clearly. After I installed Partition Magic and restarted, WinXP ask me if I want to install the driver of Generic Volume. But it can't be installed and the sound has no problem (Why WinXP asks me to install the driver of Volume ??? :amazed: )

Can I turn off the automatically finding driver mode of WinXP? If yes, please tell me how to do this, anyone.
Thanks in advance.

Traudong said:
Oh sorry, I don't say clearly. After I installed Partition Magic and restarted, WinXP ask me if I want to install the driver of Generic Volume. But it can't be installed and the sound has no problem (Why WinXP asks me to install the driver of Volume ??? :amazed: )

The volume refered to here is the "disk-name" Kinda like an encyclopedia collection of books.

"I used Alcohol 120%" Maybe Alcohol IS your problem! :p

Da(wise-crackin')Geek

Thanks.
After I uninstall Alcohol, winXP don't ask for the driver of virtual drive but when I uninstall Partition Magic, winXP still asks if I want to install the driver of Generic Volume.
So I think Alcohol IS NOT :) my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom