Trouble updating driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCobble

Baseband Member
I've been trying to update my driver for a while, to no avail.
I've tried via vista's updater, and by NVIDIA's. Both fail, and I have no idea why. Vista's scan says it's updating 'GeForce 8400', and I'll try and post a screenshot of the NVIDIA download thing
I don't know a huge amount about computers, so I don't know exactly what you need to help me. I'll start by putting my system spec.
Operating system: Windows Vista home Premium
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM

Thanks in advance for any help received :)
Just found out how to get a log...Still not solved, please help :)

11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Command line passed in: -init -setoemkeys
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Running in install mode...
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Running -init mode.
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Checking if the file "nvdrsdb.bin" exists.
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Entering "SetProgramFilesPath" function.....
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Setting the Gold Path as "C:\Program Files"
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Creating/Opening the reg path "SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\DrsPath"
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Setting NVDRS_GOLD_PATH key on "SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\DrsPath"
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Exiting "SetProgramFilesPath" function. Return 1
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - The NVDRS_GOLD_PATH has been set successfully.
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\nvdrsdb.bin" exists. Loading the Db.
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - The NvDrsDb has been loaded successfully.
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Entering "CreateDrsFolder" function.....
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Entering "GetDrsFolder" function.....
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - "SHGetFolderPath" fn successfully retrieved the "Common App data" path
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - "obtainDrsPath" fn successfully retrieved the "Drs" path
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Exiting "GetDrsFolder" function.Return 1
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Created or already created the folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Created the folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Correctly set Low Integrity Label
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Exiting "CreateDrsFolder" function.Return 1
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Entering "SetLDDMRegistry" function.....
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Querying the OS for the ALLUSERSPROFILE
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - ALLUSERSPROFILE obtained as "C:\ProgramData"
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Creating/Opening the reg path "SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\DrsPath"
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Setting NVDRS_PATH key on "SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\DrsPath"
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Exiting "SetLDDMRegistry" function. Return 1
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - SetLDDMRegistry returned 1
11:52:31 AM - DBInstaller(0) - Starting the process to save the DRS database to system
11:52:34 AM - DBInstaller(0) - ERROR: The System NvDrsDB could not be created!!!

What error are you getting when you try to install the drivers? Get it directly from NVIDIA, not throough Vista's updates. Might be a good idea to uninstall the NVIDIA software, and go into Device Manager and uninstall the driver. Then install the new NVIDIA drivers.

What error are you getting when you try to install the drivers? Get it directly from NVIDIA, not throough Vista's updates. Might be a good idea to uninstall the NVIDIA software, and go into Device Manager and uninstall the driver. Then install the new NVIDIA drivers.

Well from Vista, going on the update history it gives an error code 800F0104.
I have tried installing directly from NVIDIA, and it gives a table with components and the status,and the Graphics Driver status just says failed. It doesn't give a reason. I have a screenshot but I'm not sure how to post it.

Well when i run dxdiag and go to the display tab, there is no information, it just says n/a...I've gone on to device manager and NVIDIA GeForce 8000 is showing with an yellow exclamation triangle. On properties it says 'Windows cannot start this hardware because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.'
Other than that i don't know if i have the 8400...Sorry. Will try and get that pic up

fkmv40.jpg

Sorry but i'm not sure if this answers your question, it says GeForce 8400 is located at: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

@ iCobble, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

33uzl9d.jpg

Yep I've tried that now, still didn't work though :( Dunno whats up with my graphics...Nothing showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom