Trouble Reinstalling Windows On Laptop. WTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatelliteL355D

Beta member
I'm at a loss here. I haven't a clue what I'm missing, and I have the strongest notion that it's something
small and simple that I've totally misplaced---that is driving me up the wall.

Searched internet and even called Toshiba 800 number (only to hang up on the barely English-speaking
rep when he mentioned that it's $35 for the phone call/"tech support") and I'm still not finding help.

Toshiba Satellite L355D Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit

Couple nights ago, finally got the pocket sized Toshiba 500GB HDD to back up all our music,
movies, photos,documents. Did that. Then inserted the Toshiba Recovery disc (1st of 2) to start
the complete wipe of the HDD and start over. WHY the **** does that take 14 hours? Anywayz,
after completion, I tell bios to boot from the CD/DVD, save, restart.

I don't understand how/why I can't seem to get Windows to reinstall, and I think I'm being told
that the HDD isn't formatted (I'm not remembering that wiping the drive, also unformats it???) I
refuse to spend money on this when I know I can do it myself and I'm certain I have all the tools/stuff
I need (legit Toshiba/Windows CD, brand new external HDD, couple thumbdrives if I need to
borrow library internet for particular files?)...what's my next step?

I have zero patience left...:hrmph:

P.S. I been lurking on this site for the last 24HRs, and so far, this is the best Google result for 'help'
I've found so far---so I joined. WHASSUP!??

I'm at a loss here. I haven't a clue what I'm missing, and I have the strongest notion that it's something
small and simple that I've totally misplaced---that is driving me up the wall.

Searched internet and even called Toshiba 800 number (only to hang up on the barely English-speaking
rep when he mentioned that it's $35 for the phone call/"tech support") and I'm still not finding help.

Toshiba Satellite L355D Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit

Couple nights ago, finally got the pocket sized Toshiba 500GB HDD to back up all our music,
movies, photos,documents. Did that. Then inserted the Toshiba Recovery disc (1st of 2) to start
the complete wipe of the HDD and start over. WHY the **** does that take 14 hours? Anywayz,
after completion, I tell bios to boot from the CD/DVD, save, restart.

I don't understand how/why I can't seem to get Windows to reinstall, and I think I'm being told
that the HDD isn't formatted (I'm not remembering that wiping the drive, also unformats it???) I
refuse to spend money on this when I know I can do it myself and I'm certain I have all the tools/stuff
I need (legit Toshiba/Windows CD, brand new external HDD, couple thumbdrives if I need to
borrow library internet for particular files?)...what's my next step?

I have zero patience left...:hrmph:

P.S. I been lurking on this site for the last 24HRs, and so far, this is the best Google result for 'help'
I've found so far---so I joined. WHASSUP!??
This might sound dumb, but have you tried putting the Cd in and then hitting F12 at Post?

This query has been solved. I seriously appreciate those that jumped on this thread though.
The error code that was popping up was due to the wrong sequence of actions. USER ERROR (LOL,
what else is new).

I still fault Toshiba for having low DYI options. -_-. Will ask local moderators to lock this thread as
"answered."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom