Trouble with Msn Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickStar

Baseband Member
Sorry if this is not the right place for it, but i've always trusted tech-forums for my problems and i figured this was no different. (If you want me to go somewhere else with my problem just ask)

Anyways, i was trying to install Msn 7.0 (Becuase for some reason 7.5 won't work with me, so i'm just going to down grade for awhile), so i went to ad-remove programs and tried to remove my existing Msn 7.0 and it comes up with the error "Msn messenger setup has failed with error code: '1603'. Please go to MSN Messenger website to download software from there." when trying to un install.

So i tried to install the Msn 7.0 i downloaded and it says i already have a Newer version of messenger installed, but i didn't.

Ive tried to manually remove it, including registry and files etc, but Msn 7.0 (The one i tried to remove before re install it) is still stuck in the ad and remove programs list. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Forget MSN and use Trillian it connects to AIM MSN YAHOO ICQ IRC JABBER GoogleTalk and more.

Cuz trillian sucks. I used it for the longest time and got sick of not being able to use winks and other things my friends tried with me but didnt work :X

Id prefer trillian anyday... but its Msn for me now.

Trillian sucks because you cant use winks? You cant have everything, I would much rather sacrifice some winks than have 4 or more messenger programs running at the same time. Anyways, did you do a search for msn 7 and try deleting the files? Delete your prefetch folder as well.

Oh thanks didn't think of that.

Yea, pretty much it was just for the winks, sounds, and custom emoticons people kept trying to use on me but wouldn't work on trillian. (And of course.. the games, i'd die without them, omg i love msn games)

Also make sure its not running in msconfig, Even thou you uninstalled it, it will still appear if the taskbar until you reboot

There is an app out there besides MsgPlus that allows for Tabbed convos and such. Its called Messenger Mate. Check here for all info on it. I dont use Trillian or Gaim or any of those. Since i just started to use IM again MS and GT are the only ones i need or use. This app made life easier with MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom