Trojans and DCOM/LSASS exploits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
Hi,

I'd like some help with some random computer issues that I have been having. It seems that sometimes when I turn my computer on it tries to automatically dial the internet. Which I stop. It doesn't dial any toll call numbers as far as I can see, the dialog box still displays my normal ISP number.

Also I have avast! running on my laptop and it is frequently saying that there is a trojan, which I move to the chest, but it seems to come back. Scans do nothing apparently. Also, avast! keeps displaying the fact that it is preventing a DCOM exploit and LSASS exploit from accessing the net, or me, or something. This happens frequently.

Is there something I can do to fix this? Can DCOM and LSASS just be deleted?

You need to run the spyware programs in my sig, sounds like your system has been over run with spyware. Go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all, dont reboot yet, delete your cookies and tifs, delete the prefetch folder, run the adaware programs once, then reboot, and run the programs again and see if that helps. Got to you internet options and delete the dial up properties that you did not make.

There is a thread on dialers and how you can't see them but how they will still be in your system and how to get rid of them in this thread on another forum: http://forums.techguy.org/t224491.html It is WAY too long for me to dig thru and copy the needed information...I'm gonna let you do that cause it will help you see how you got infected as well...it can happen so innocently.

Once you get that infection out, running the other programs that Warez Monster mentioned again will help even more. Liz

SupremeRuler99 said:
what's the prefetch folder?

This is an unique technique for WinXP. We know that it is necessary to wash registry and TEMP files for Win9X/ME/2000 periodly. Prefetch is a new and very useful technique in Windows XP. However, after using XP some time, the prefetch folder can get full of rarely used or obsolete links which can slow down your computer noticeably. My suggestion is: open C(system drive):/windows/prefetch, delete all files (or at least those more than 3 weeks old), reboot. I recommended that you do this every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom