trojan virus removal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapeape

Baseband Member
I have a trojan virus in iexplore.exe. I have end this in task manager and tried to delete and would not let me delete the trojan.

Please help

thanks

no name , nortons just says it is a trojan in C:\winnt\system32\iexplore.exe. and it has done anything yet to my knowledge, computer works fine expect for the annoying norton virus messages. nortons wont remove it or put it in quarrintine

who want to tell him?

I will.

don't use IE

use firefox, netscape, or opera

get adware, spydot and spyware blaster so they can remove it

run norton in safe mode too.

You need to check Norton's Report, Quarantined Items
for the name. If Norton's can't discover the virus it could
be very new.

You can try an online Virus Scanner if you have
high speed. This seems to discover hard to find viruses.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

If you can't delete the file because it is locked by the
system you can try moveonboot.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/13/4/13-4-17.shtml
Becareful about removing any system files like iexplorer
or your browser won't work.

Good Luck.

well, it is save to say, you can kill all Iexplore.exe file running and then delete this file.
IE is run from c:\program files\internet explorer\Iexplore.exe
not for winnt\system32
Delete the file. It's pretty easy. Then open regedit and go to HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run
look for anything pointing to that c:\winnt\system32\iexplore.exe and delete it. then got to:
HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runonce and look for the same thing.
Then do a find in the registy for iexplore.exe record all of the keys that it finds. there will be a few. But check the paths to where it is pointing. If any of them point to any place other then c:\program files\internet explorer... You know it's not correct, so delete it.
That should take care of the problem...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom