tribes 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchoca

Beta member
OK. anybody who has tried to play tribes 2 on windows xp probably knows it can be problematic. personally, I've never gotten it to work properly, on any computer. tonight i figured i would give it a go on my new computer just for fun and now i am quite determined to figure out this problem. I am able to get tribes 2 running and get to the main menu in Solo/Lan mode (my computer isn't currently connected to the internet). However, when I create a game, the whole application completely closes as soon as the game is finished loading. I actually got as far as actually getting in the level a couple of times, but a few seconds after i started moving, the application terminated (no error messages at all, as before). i read that it has to do with windows xp and opengl (which makes sense), but i have a geforce 6600gt with the latest drivers and dont have much experience at all with this kind of thing. all i've done so far is to put tribes 2 in windows 98 compatability and download a new ClientPref file recommended by this website

http://www.planettribes.com/tribes2/troubleshooting

i'm wondering if anybody who likes tribes 2 has any experience or luck with this issue, or if anybody at all has any advice or input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom