Tri-boot not setting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrocide

Baseband Member
Ok,

Yesterday was my bi-monthly rollback system restore. Was running only Win7 64 at the time. But decided to get a small copy of XP back and my linux distro back on since my linux+ classes are coming up soon need a refresher. Anyway.

The last time I did this, I installed XP first, then Vista (at the time), thenLinux and used GRUB as the master boot loader. And wham had Vista, XP and Debian in a tri-boot. One of my HDDs was going out, so I decided instead of a RAID i would get just a single large *** HDD.

Got a 1TB HDD and the partitioning of it is a synch, got Vista loaded (some of the programs I use will not install to 7 so I install Vista first, then 7), got XP load, but when I get to Debian use of partitions, it tells me there was an error reading the SCSI1 Partition #6 drive looks like the primary drive. Went back erased ALL data on just the #6 and tried again, went through. Now it doesnt see XP as another OS installed, and when I try and boot into Vista it tells me one of the .dll is missing. Popped in the CD and it won't give me the option to repair it, just gives me the BS custom install (fresh copy). I want the XP install for my OLD games that simply will not play. Icewind Dale, starcraft, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions. I have a blank TB HDD sitting in my rig and about 10 OS discs/DVDs. I also have a few of the HDDs from my last RAID that aren't going bad.

I don't know if this is a linux issue or a windows issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom