Transparent Icons - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2004, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via ICQ to Mandakay Send a message via AIM to Mandakay Send a message via Yahoo to Mandakay
Default Transparent Icons

Does anyone know a way to make desktop icons transparent other than going into the System properties and setting "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the Desktop"? Preferably a reghack or group policy?

I need to setup an image so that every user on every computer will always have transparent icons. Window's default setting is to use drop shadows. How can I switch the default to NOT use drop shadows?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-09-2004, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Are you trying to make the entire icon transparent or just the text box below it? If you're tryin to make just the text box transparent, there is no registry edit method for this. However, there are several freeware utilities on the internet. I use one called "IconPhile" - do a google search and you shoudl find it w/ no problems.
Closed Thread