transform xp to vista for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
kpmwrestler said:
I installed it but there is no aero glass like in the screenshots. what is up with that?

He says on his website that you have to have Windows Blinds installed to get the glass effect. This software costs $20.

I installed the transformation pack, and personally I think it's pretty cool. It doesn't have all the Vista features, but it's enough to tide me over until I have $150 to blow on an upgrade.

For the people that say it slows your computer down: The only thing that slows mine down is if Glass2k is running and a window is set for transparency. Just don't use transparency if are running a power-hungry program. The transformation pack actually changes the system UI, so there is nothing extra running that would make it slow down, except the sidebar & gadgets.

for those of you who say it slows your system down, please don't even try Vista. your system is already too slow
perhaps a better processor, RAM, or video upgrade is in order

Great link Norcent

i care less about looking like vista and more just looking easy on the eyes. I prefere the look of longhorn in the Betas back when we had the 3 pillars of long horn. it wasnt a huge departure from XP but it looked good.

Disillusion said:
That looks even less like Vista than the transformation pack in the link does.

The window borders are 100% exactly the same as Vista. The buttons, when I took the screenshots, were broken but the new version makes them look exactly like Vista. The blur, in the screenshots is a but off, but luckily you actually get to adjust what kind of blur, and how blurry they are with Beryl.

The GTK theme is off, but whatever. I don't feel like writing a GTK theme that looks exactly like Vista. Do you?

I also don't feel like writing a panel applet that simulates a start button/menu. Do you?

What is really funny is that XP cant do glass. XP uses bmp for its borders which can NOT do transparency. While Vista uses PNG. So for those saying that this does glass sorry but wrong. There is no transformation pack that can do glass since it is impossilbe to change how windows does it borders in XP.

With windowsblinds they are not transparent. They use per-pixel shading to give the effect of transparency.

Makaveli213 said:
What is really funny is that XP cant do glass. XP uses bmp for its borders which can NOT do transparency. While Vista uses PNG. So for those saying that this does glass sorry but wrong. There is no transformation pack that can do glass since it is impossilbe to change how windows does it borders in XP.

With windowsblinds they are not transparent. They use per-pixel shading to give the effect of transparency.

I don't care how it's done, as long as I get the same effect.

COD2_fanatic said:

This looks really cool. I think I would go with the Vista Inspirat bricopack, though. There is an review comparing Vista Inspirat and the Vista Transformation Pack here:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vist...iversal-Vista-Inspirat-Brico-Pack-16334.shtml

I might uninstall the VTP and try this one out to see which one I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom