Transfering Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnerHelp

Solid State Member
I posted this over in audio and multimedia but figured this might be a better place. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I was using itunes and i had it organize my mp3 library, and what it did was put every song into it's own seperate folder according to artist. What i was wondering is there any program that will undo this and put all my mp3's back into one folder, since i have over 5000 mp3's it would take a while to do it by hand.

Thanks

None that I know of. I had to do the same thing you did by hand with over 10,000 MP3's. Luckily all of those were backups and automatically got there own folder from Windows Media Player.

well this is actually very easy to do. press (windows+F) to bring up the search box. select the root folder of the music files example if your music is in C:windows/desktop/mp3 with a bunch of subfolders in it than the mp3 folder is what you should select for the search to scan. also make sure the "subfolders" option is selected so it searches all subfolders.

type this wildcard in as the search key "*.mp3" if you have MP3, if you have WMA use "*.wma", ect. once the search is complete select all files and cut & paste to whatever folder you wish. man 10,000 folders and you did it manually, man that would suck.

also for winXP you can just browse to the root directory of your music and do a windows+F, looks like this:

Attachments

• error msg.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 20
Open up search and search your computer for all mp3's (*.mp3), then copy or cut the entire list into any folder you want.

Or what ekÆsine said, heh, beat me too it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom