transfer movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bturz

Beta member
hi, i want put my personal movies on my harddrive from my dvd's and start a library of them this way. then i want to go to my library of movies on my hard drive and watch them with windows media center. presently iam using dvd fab 5.
is this possible??:)

ok i will try that. once i say get a bunch of movies doing this, is there a way to get them into a library and catalogue them. a pic of the cover and description of the movie??

I believe there are some programs that you can do such a thing with, but the names fail me.

ok i will try that. once i say get a bunch of movies doing this, is there a way to get them into a library and catalogue them. a pic of the cover and description of the movie??
What version of Windows do you have? Because I believe that Vista Ultimate (with MC) will do that. I'll check here in a minute and let you know (I'm on XP right now).

iam using windows vista, and windows media center to play my files.
i just tried any dvd , it burned the movie and sent it to wmc as an un named file with 2 seperate files an audio and video file
and neither could be played.
there must be a wat to do this??

i ant to put my movies on my hard drive and then play them on my pc (which i use as my player)
with mindows media center.
maybe there is no techinology for this yet?? is it to advanced??
if so i understand! tks!!

There are ways to do it, but they are decently complicated. It's pretty easy to mess it up.

I use AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter, and Handbrake. Try to google around for some tutorials. You'll want to rip the movie to an AVI format since they take up less space that way, around 700mb.

thanks so much!!! great, i was hoping the technology was here for this. i don't want to shrink the size of the movie because i don't want to loose any quality of the movie. i know it will take up a lot of space but thats ok.
i have any dvd and dvd decrypter.
and is it possible to catalogue them like you would music ???
thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom