Transfer files from user to admin account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana89

In Runtime
When I was looking at my user accounts it said that in order to see the Administrator account on the login section I had to have no other users (the one I'm on now) and not including Guest. So I was trying to make sure that whatever was on my name now could be on the admin name (i.e Ares)....then I ran into a problem.

I was trying to make sure that personal things could be transfered to admin account since I had to delete Neo (my account). Well, I put Ares into the Shared Documents folder thinking that I would then be able to use it on the admin account.

I checked for it in the guest account and the desktop icon now showed an empty browser as its picture and when I clicked on Ares through the My Comp/ Program Files area it showed up but all 530 songs of mine were not to be seen. I had to find the my shared folder itself and I did. It is on the desktop and I can click on the songs there and play them through real player. I like being able to see them on Ares though. It updates easier and stuff. So..I tried to put Ares and others I put in that shared folder back but it didn't work. I system restored and then I clicked on Ares and every folder was just black. No songs. No my shared folder.

So that's where I am now. THe internet part of Ares works but when I start clicking on the usual audio folder nothing shows up but a black screen. I only found the music folder itself because i searched a song and located its folder. THen I sent that folder to desktop. So i can listen to the songs through real player. I am doing that now.

Is there anyway I can fix this? ANd is there anyway I can successfully make sure that everything in my personal setting can transfer over to the admin account?

To state exactly what that admin account says....
I click on home user accounts and it shows Neo, Administrator (the one I created through the registry using your post), and Guest. I click on Administrator and it says in the white area "The administrator account is only visible on the welcome screen when no other user accounts exist (except the guest account), or when you start your comp in safe mode". That's what spurred on all my ideas. Btw, I use home edition.

yeah, I want to be able to make sure that all of my personal settings can successfully 1) be fixed b/c this ares problem and 2) be accessible on the Admin account when I delete this Neo account. That's the only way it will show up on the welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom